Functions of Administrative Offices
In relation to announcements and contests:
- Establish in accordance with this statute the general guidelines for the selection processes for the provision of Undergraduate Administrative careers of the Surcolombiana University.
- Review the projects of the call for applications for employment in Undergraduate Programs Administration that the institution requires, in order to guarantee that they meet the legal requirements and the technical parameters according to the nature of employment.
- Verify and manage the application process to provide positions in Undergraduate Program Administration, in order to observe compliance with the principle of merit; and, if applicable, suspend the respective process.
- Revoke the selection process when irregularities are found, as long as administrative acts of detailed content related with the degree’s rights have not been committed.
- Address complaints or resource requests that are made and needed by the applicants, when they are not satisfied with the process of the interview process or the results.
- Address, per someone’s own initiative or upon request of a party, the irregularities that arise in the selection process and if it has been proven that a designation was given despite having violated a given norm, to inform the requisite party so that the designation can be revoked.
- Approve the minutes corresponding to each contest, in which the results will be indicated, the list of eligible or possibly the declaration of deserted. Based on the said minute, the Rector will adopt the corresponding decisions.
- Regarding the administrative career record of Universidad Surcolombiana:
- Create, organize, and maintain the record of Administrative Career of Universidad Surcolombiana.
- Originate certifications to staff holding administrative career rights, in regards to registration, update, promotion, and promotion or novelty in the record of Administrative Career of the University.
- Address complaints about inscriptions on the Registration of Public Employees, by employees of administrative career to whom this statute applies.
- Administrative career:
- Be the second instance of the decisions adopted by the Administrative Staff Committee regarding complaints, claims, suggestions, and petitions, presented through the means authorized by law and, by virtue of them or unofficially, perform the actions that it deems appropriately necessary to be solved. In fact, by observing the principles of speed, efficiency, economy, and impartiality, they will be given a solution.
- Others were recorded in the Personal Administrative Statute of the Surcolombiana University.
Guarantee the production of knowledge, academic and administrative excellence, integrity of the institutional image, connection with the environment, financial efficiency, flexibility, and institutional response capacity.
The BA arts program in 2016 will be recognized as a high quality training project in order to contribute to the solution of educational, artistic, and cultural problems of the south-Colombian context, within the framework of internationalization.
- Decide on the academic development of the university concerning teaching, especially when it comes to academic programs, research, extension and the Office of University Health, Well Being, and Culture, according to the plan of development approved by the Board of Trustees.
- Consider the budget of the project prepared by the academic programs and recommend to the board of trustees.
- Appoint a dean as a representative of the Board of Trustees.
- Act as a Second Instance Body in relation to the Faculty Councils or University-level dependencies as it corresponds to the academic decisions subject to appeal.
- Propose the Institutional Development Plan to the Board of Trustees.
- Conceptualize the creation, suspension or suppression of Academic Programs.
- Present biannual reports to the University Board of Trustees on progress related to the various projects and goals at the University .
- Approve academic policies regarding students and teaching personnel.
- Propose policies to the Board of Trustess regarding stimulus and conditions that are considered necessary to promote and encourage research, mentoring, professor training, and all activities that aim to increase the academic standing of the Univeristy.
- Establish, direct and evaluate the necessary proceedings for the accreditation of the university.
- Review and adopt plans and study program in view of legal norms.
- Conceptualize the teaching staff of Universidad Surcolombiana.
- Recommend to the Superior Council the temporality of undergraduate and postgraduate academic programs.
- Propose to the Superior Council, in accordance with the training plans, the candidates for the study commissions, the sabbatical period, and the distinctions established in the regulations, taking into account the recommendations of the Teaching Staff Selection and Evaluation Committee.
- Approve the exclusive dedications for teachers, presented by the Faculty Council.
- Give its own regulations.
- Pass the admission criteria of the students.
- Endorse the study committees before the Superior Council, according to the Statutes and training plans.
- Award distinctions of distinguished professor, professor emeritus and honorary professor.
- Others that assign the Institutional standards.